This is by far the largest premium property available on the peninsula. With an existing small hotel operation, this unique property is located in the mountains of Mal Pais forming a contiguous stretch of forest with Costa Rica’s oldest nature reserve, Cabo Blanco National Park. The land is a mosaic of jungle, rolling hills, mountains, and streams with hiking trails throughout the property and many plateau views of the light sandy beaches of Mal Pais and Santa Teresa.
For buyers seeking privacy, Star Mountain offers an oasis where the only sounds one will hear are the grousing of howler monkeys and the symphony of birds. At nights, the strategically planted Ylang Ylang trees emit a perfumed scent that surrounds the compound. Animal Planet has stayed for several days shooting footage of the abundant wildlife and stunning topography.
• 222 acres (90 hectares) of versatile land.
• Five large 12.5 acre (5 hectare) lots are configured on the mountain with ocean-view plateaus cleared and ready for building. These lots are perfect for building several houses for a family compound or a boutique resort operation.
• The property’s existing and operating hotel, Star Mountain Jungle Lodge, with four guest rooms and a guest house, is fully operational and compliant. The hotel is one of the oldest in the region.
• Existing hotel amenities include a dining and lounge area, a large grill, a pool, a horse stable with eight horses, a yoga platform, and private hiking trails.
• Back of the house facilities include a large kitchen with a walk-in refrigerator, a dry storage room, a laundry room, a tool shed and caretaker housing.
• Roads are established throughout the property.
• The property has all necessary utilities and services including electricity, water (from springs and wells), telephone lines and internet.
Type: development with existing Hotel
Lot Size 90 ha with hotel